Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rocky Point Mexico

Jake and I headed down for what is most likely our last visit to Tucson, AZ since my brother and sister-in-law are moving out of Tucson back to Utah. While there we (me, Jake, Big Mama, brother, sil, neice, nephew) headed down to Puerto Penasco (aka Rocky Point) Mexico for a mini vacation. We stayed for 3 nights in a lovely suite at the Las Palomas Golf Club and Resort.

The resort is great, right on the beach, with a huge pool area. The suite was nice, but the decor was a little dated...it looked like a set from "The Golden Girls" lots of glass table tops and cane furniture. Unfortunately, the weather Gods were not with us as the second day was super windy and freezing cold. There was no pool or beach time that day. Luckily we were able to get in quality beach time the first day. Although much of our time was spent inside our suite, it was still a fun time. Jake and I will miss AZ!!! Hopefully we'll find a reason to go back....


A view of the pool area at Las Palomas




The master bedroom. Just a small sampling of the tacky decor


A view of the beach. That's Jake way out there!


One of the buildings with part of its wall blown off--yes, the winds were that strong. Huge pieces of the wall blew into the resort gym, shattering the gym's glass walls.

A shot of the dust storm at Rocky Point, sand was everywhere!

Part of the family, "Big Mama," me, Jake, and Kylee.

My brother Lam and my beautiful niece Kylee.

1 comment:

Rachel and Lam said...

I am glad to see you made it home okay. We had lots of fun, even if the weather was misserable. I love the pictures. Kylee misses you guys. She was sad and bored the remander of the day after you left.
With lots of love, Thanadabout Gang